Peck Goes to School Peck Goes to School

This is what I love about the animation I find here. Artists frequently cross the line and make really fucked up stuff.

TD-Til All Are One TD-Til All Are One

This is waaay too relatable for me. Was about to be allowed in a chemical engineering major but they put off the decision to see how I would do in my math courses at the time. Got B's in calc 3 & 4 so they denied me and I went to chemistry (on that note I really wish art and science crossed paths more often). This was in the midst of people telling me 'oh you're smart you got this' and it all it does is add to your over-confidence in yourself.

Your illustration skills are AWESOME and combined with your narrative skills that you seem to let your personality come out in really make for an excellent storytelling experience. I believe it's that latter that really makes you stand out to me here. Can't wait to see more from you!

Raziberry responds:

Aw thank you! And yeah, art and science don't see enough of each other. They should hook up for drinks. Not tryin' to play matchmaker or anything, just sayin'.

Pancakes Pancakes

I love the dark parts of NG.

Family quarrel Family quarrel

This is neat, I like this. The hook/melody you have here is really catchy to me. I like the trade off between the guitar and the piano. Just considering the vibe of this song thus far, it makes me want to hear it mixed in like a 'lo-fi' hip hop kind of feel. Like I'm kinda curious what this would sound like with vinyl emulation on just the instrumentals (like from iZotope vinyl or something). Maybe even really subtle bitcrushing.

I think you could do without those first two sounds in the intro. I think the reason they don't seem to go with it well is because the glass break isn't reverbed enough to fit with the melody behind it. Maybe it could be stretched and reverbed. Also the vinyl scratch sound effect is kind of weird to me because I can still hear the audio behind it.

Props my dude!

Mind Games Mind Games

*reads description*
You already sound like an artist!

I wouldn't be overly critical about your voice, it works very well for this song, especially considering you have your voice as you main focus here. You definitely nailed the trance vibe; the arp sequence, piano, and delay/reverb effects you used here sell that, plus I like that you have some movement in your synth to keep it from getting monotonous. The sub also sounds well-balanced on my setup.

Props!

Tokyo Drift - 8LayneTech8 Tokyo Drift - 8LayneTech8

This is good! The percussion here works, I wouldn't change anything about that. I think you had the best atmosphere at 53s. I also like the left-panned reverbed synth that comes in at 1:14, the little background elements definitely add some 'aesthetic'. Did you use izotope Vinyl for the vinyl simulation? If not, definitely check it out.

I think something you could work on is the 'communication' between your elements. Like the percussion and the low-mid bass I think have good communication because they both create a good rhythm together. The first lead synth, the bells and arp that come in seem to work with each other, but not with the underlying rhythm established by the low-mid bass and percussion. Also I would try pitching the little 'ahhh' vowel somewhere else just because it sounds dissonant and no elements after that seem to complement that dissonance (so don't get me wrong, dissonance can definitely work in some situations). Also of the spaces you created after that I think are fine, and very true to what vaporwave is.

Keep it up my dude!